Monday, January 31, 2011

53) Oh My Aching Hands

from raking in grands and breaking in mic stands...



brought the kitchen up from nothing this morning, pretty much single-handedly. we'd gotten slammed last night, and of course the late night crew didn't do anything to help. (apparently, prep work is not in their job description. bullshit.) sure i had a little help, but not a lot. i don't wanna rat anyone out but it really grinds me that people treat me like i'm their boy, and since we're cool then they can laze around. at the same time, though, i'm not paid enough to really care. if they want me to manage, to light fires under asses to work more than chill, then they can step up my pay. otherwise, yes it sucks to be one of the only employees who actually cares that everything gets done, and very little, if anything, is left over for the next shift apart from their usual tasks. i'm not about to complain about having a long list of work to do, nor am i gonna ride anyone's ass to pick up the pace or lend me a hand with my list. that isn't my style. but it is annoying how much nothing these kids get away with when they're with me, or un-managed in general. because if we all worked so casually, the place would crumble. urgh.

loved seeing you last night. you look great. i don't get to tell you that very often these days. we should probably do that more often, no?

LRV, b

No comments:

Post a Comment