Thursday, March 17, 2011

What She Said

sorry i missed yesterday. my little art project consumed my afternoon and evening. and my tapes look rad. too bad they won't play. the reels won't turn. guess i used too much paint, and didn't block the toothy circles well enough. so now i have to record them ALL again. 3 of them. that's 4.5 hours of mixology. and god knows how many times i've had to/i will be go(ing) back to the beginning to start over until every transition is perfect. this ain't no build-a-playlist-and-walk-away bullshit. this is real-deal live person mixing... the likes of which i've always wanted to do but never had the means... until Traktor entered my life. on a related note, got my first bite on a possible wedding to DJ in May!



this is my Irish dedication to you, in honor of a "holiday" which is in my blood but not really my heart. (at least, not in the I Must Get Wasted Because It's St Patrick's Day way). even our little Jewish American Princess barmaid came to work dressed like a Irish Fairy Skeezer today, complete with green tutu and tiara. She got plenty of gawkers. i just rolled my eyes.

btw, also related, Prince tickets wound up being like $150. and i'm sure they're well over 300 now through brokers or scalpers. i still woulda done it if you wanted, but i don't feel so bad about missing it anymore.

but really what i want to say is That's What She Said. she = Sinead, and nothing compares to you, babygirl. I miss you

LRV, b

No comments:

Post a Comment