Sunday, January 23, 2011

45) Halfway Home!

according to my calculations (and we all know how good i am at math) somewhere between today and tomorrow is your Halfway Mark! you're on the home stretch! i am incredibly proud of your progress and how well you're taking care of yourself. soon i'll give you the biggest hug and squeeze you've ever gotten. i fully expect to wear my fingers to the bone from all the head scratching, etc....

today's song is the only "half" song i can think of; it's a little somber, but it's real pretty. Jim O'Rourke is one of the most underrated musicians of the 20th and 21 centuries. he's shaped albums for Stereolab, Wilco, Melt-Banana, Sonic Youth; worked with damn near everybody who matters. this comes from Ronnie's favorite JOR record, "Halfway to a Threeway".



but my favorite O'Rourke album is "I'm Happy, and I'm Singing, and a 1 2 3 4" which we have on vinyl, but it's in a frame hanging on the wall over my laptop in the office. it means THAT much to me (kinda like that Broadcast LP which i may never open). don't tell Ikue Mori (whom Jim has worked with through Zorn several times), but it's my fave 'electronica' album of all time, with Mori's "Garden" a close second. here's the second track (the second of three, making it the halfway mark and therefore appropriate) called "And I'm Singing".


(why the photo is a bloody Mel, i have no clue)

here's what it should look like

anyways, congratulations on all the fine work you're doing, and all the great things still to come!

LRV, b

No comments:

Post a Comment